Marbles Kids Museum 201 East Hargett Street Raleigh, NC 27601 919.834.4040
Marbles Kids Museum is a hands-on discovery museum located near Moore Square in Raleigh. It has a diverse programming schedule that makes it a fun place to visit again and again. Additionally, the museum is home to the region's only IMAX Theater.
- Permanent exhibits include:
- Around Town - a pint-size version of our community where kids take charge and lead the way.
- IdeaWorks - design, create and build structures, vehicles, simple machines and everyday products.
- Art Loft - paint, draw, sculpt and explore various types of artwork.
- BB&T Storybook Forest - a wonderful woodland setting alive with reading, storytelling, and dramatic character play.
- Moneypalooza - a colorful world of money where kids play with smart ways to spend and save while having a wealth of fun learning to earn.
I usually feature the highlights of Marbles programming, exhibits and special events in my monthly event calendar. Check it out in the "Must Reads" box on the home page.Visiting the Museum
The museum hours are Tuesday - Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday noon-5 p.m. The musuem is closed on Mondays. According to the museum website, their businest timems are Tuesday-Friday 10-1p.m., presumably due to school field trips, so planning around these times is preferable if you want to avoid the crowds.
I recommend that you check their website a few days before your visit to find out what kinds of events are going on and also to plan your visit arround whatever IMAX movie you want to see. Combo tickets are a good value because they include museum admission and IMAX admission.
Admission to the museum runs about $5 per person. Admission to the IMAX movies is additional and is priced more similarly to regular movie tickets. Click here for the current pricing schedule and to see the savings from combo tickets.Museum Deals
On Wednesdays, if you show your Food Lion MVP card, there is $1 off general admission for up to 4 people per family. Every third Tuesday from 5-8 p.m. admission is just $2 per person.First Fridays at Marbles
If the grown ups want to enjoy Raleigh's First Friday with the kids, the museum stays open until 8 p.m. Be sure to check the listings for the timing of the IMAX shows.