The NC Education Lottery has six games including the Carolina Pick 3, Carolina Pick 4, Carolina Cash 5, North Carolina Powerball, North Carolina Mega Millions, and Instant Scratch Offs.
To find out if you're a winner, visit today's NC Education Lottery's winning numbers.Carolina Pick 3, Pick 4 and Cash 5 Winners
- If you have won any prize less than $600 (including free tickets), you can collect your prize at any NC Lottery retailer.
- Prizes with a value between $600 and $99,999.99 may be claimed at NCEL headquarters, any NCEL Office or by mail using an NCEL prize claim form. Prizes of $100,000 or more must be claimed in person at NCEL headquarters.
- For all prizes of $600 and above, photo I.D. and proof of Social Security number is required.
- Prize winnings are subject to mandatory Federal and State tax as well as other State withholdings.
If you are a winner of an NCEL Powerball or Mega Millions jackpot prize, congratulations! You must sign the back of your original ticket immediately to preserve your ownership. Prior to coming to the NCEL's Corporate Office in Raleigh, please call Player Services at 877-962-7529 (9NC-PLAY).
The North Carolina Education Lottery's mailing address is:
North Carolina Education Lottery
P.O. Box 41606
Raleigh, NC 27629-1606
100 percent of the net lottery proceeds are used to fund education and school construction in North Carolina. As of 2013, the lottery has raised more than $2.9 billion for these programs statewide.
- About half of the money from the NC Lottery is targeted to reduce the class size ratios of early grades and for prekindergarten programs for at-risk four year olds.
- Nearly 40 percent of the money from the NC Lottery is to be used for school construction. This money is apportioned by county based partly on school enrollment and partly on property tax rates of the county.
- Almost 10 percent of the NC lottery money is used for college scholarships for students that qualify for federal Pell Grants.
- Five percent of the money (up to $50 million) brought in by the NC Education Lottery goes into the NC Lottery reserve fund. This reserve fund is used when fund the other three goals when the NC lottery proceeds are less than expected.